[comp.mail.elm] ELM HELP

I just wanted to thank Jeff Beadles for all the help he has given me
with getting elm 2.2 P10 running. I think this product will really help
our mail run smoother.

                                   Greg Fell

 Gregory Fell                  A. H. Case Center for CAE/M
 Systems Analyst               236 Engineering Building
                               Michigan State University
 fell@frith.egr.msu.edu        East Lansing, MI 48824-1226
 ...!uunet!frith!fell          Phone: (517) 353-8892

"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition...."

cravi@hpindda.HP.COM (C Ravi) (01/06/90)

 I need some help in sending non-interactive elm messages having cc
 and bcc recipients.

 In Mailx we can send cc and bcc messages using the following script

 mailx -s "test" jack <<! >/dev/null 2>&1
 ~c joe@hpda
 ~b tom@hpda
 ~< /tmp/message
 !

 I could not find a method to do the same with elm. Anyone having any ideas
 please let me know.

 Some of the things that I have already tried are :

 a) Using editor=builtin in the elmrc file.
 b) using Cc in the elmheaders file.

  Both failed in our version of ELM.

  Thanks in advance

  C Ravi.
  cravi@hpda

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (01/07/90)

cravi@hpindda.HP.COM (C Ravi) writes:
> I need some help in sending non-interactive elm messages having cc
> and bcc recipients.
Try using fastmail, it has command line options for cc and bcc.
Elm is really for interactive use, fastmail will handle non interactive
mail.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or {bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	        FAX:   (215) 938-0235