[comp.mail.elm] I wish for nolog option

david@wubios.wustl.edu (David J. Camp) (02/02/90)

A nice feature for elm to have is a command-line option that specifies
that, for non-interactive mode, the outgoing message is not to be logged
in the =sent folder.  This is because I occasionally send sources by
email and I do not want them logged, which would fill up my disk
unnecessarily.  Presently I just use the 'mail' command with outlogging
disabled, so it is not urgent.  Since that is the only occasion for
using mail instead of elm, it does not conflict with normal usage.
-David-

Bitnet:   david@wubios.wustl                ^      Mr. David J. Camp
Internet: david%wubios@wugate.wustl.edu   < * >    Box 8067, Biostatistics
uucp:     uunet!wugate!wubios!david         v      660 South Euclid
Washington University (314) 36-23635               Saint Louis, MO 63110

taylor@limbo.Intuitive.Com (Dave Taylor) (02/03/90)

> A nice feature for elm to have is a command-line option that specifies
> that, for non-interactive mode, the outgoing message is not to be logged
> in the =sent folder.

I don't know about the current version, but the version I last touched
offered just such a feature by you having "[nosave]" as a line by itself
in the message..

For example, if I wanted to drop you a note, archive the note, but not
archive the attached code, I could do something like:

	% elm david@wubios.wustl
	Subject: hi

	Enter message

	David,
		Here's that source you asked for.  Let me know
	if it works as you expect.

						-- Dave Taylor

	[nosave]

	~r source.archive

	.

would work fine.  Look for it in 'hdrs/defs.h'.

						-- Dave Taylor
Intuitive Systems
Mountain View, California

taylor@limbo.intuitive.com    or   {uunet!}{decwrl,apple}!limbo!taylor