[comp.mail.elm] ELM Documentation

jfh@netcom.UUCP (Jack Hamilton) (02/08/90)

Is there a file server from which I can get the ELM documentation?  The stuff
in MAN ELM is woefully insufficient for the zillions of options ELM seems to
have.  I don't have access to UUCP or FTP.

If it matters, the printers I have available are an HP LaserJet and a Post-
Script printer.

                                Jack Hamilton
                                jfh@netcom.com

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (02/08/90)

jfh@netcom.UUCP (Jack Hamilton) writes:
>Is there a file server from which I can get the ELM documentation?  The stuff
>in MAN ELM is woefully insufficient for the zillions of options ELM seems to
>have.  I don't have access to UUCP or FTP.
The Elm source contains the source to the Elm Documentation, including,
but not limited to the manual pages.  If you are using Elm and don't have
access to the documents, complain to your system administrator.  It there
and was distributed with Elm.

>If it matters, the printers I have available are an HP LaserJet and a Post-
>Script printer.
For those who have postscript printers, but don't have di-troff,
I keep a pre-processed copy of the manuals in postscript on my machine
for access via anon. uucp (the file is too big for a mail server).
Directions on using the anon uucp to dsinc are available from our
mail server  (archive-server@dsi.com), ask it to "send index anon"
for further info.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or {bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	        FAX:   (215) 938-0235

brunette@sjuphil.uucp (Glenn M. Brunette) (02/11/90)

In article <6748@netcom.UUCP> jfh@netcom.UUCP (Jack Hamilton) writes:
>Is there a file server from which I can get the ELM documentation?  The stuff
>in MAN ELM is woefully insufficient for the zillions of options ELM seems to
>have.  I don't have access to UUCP or FTP.
>
>If it matters, the printers I have available are an HP LaserJet and a Post-
>Script printer.
>
>                                Jack Hamilton
>                                jfh@netcom.com

If anyone does have any extra documentation, could they also send me it via
 email.  Thanks in advance.

Glenn

* Glenn Brunette, Academic Computing Consultant                             *
* brunette%sjuphil.sju.edu@bpa.bell-atl.com                                 *
* Saint Joseph's University, Philadelphia, PA                               *
* Just as no man ever died who did not in some condition live on earth,     *