[comp.mail.elm] just one problem

bob@pds3 (Robert A. Earl) (02/25/90)

I just installed elm2.2 [PL16] on my SCO XENIX 386 2.2.3 system.
(I loved it on NCR Towers at my last job)

I just noticed that mail sent with elm shows as being from anonymous,
while mail sent with mail gets the sender's id just fine.

Any ideas?
--
==============
Robert A. Earl

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (02/25/90)

bob@pds3 (Robert A. Earl) writes:
>I just installed elm2.2 [PL16] on my SCO XENIX 386 2.2.3 system.
>(I loved it on NCR Towers at my last job)
>I just noticed that mail sent with elm shows as being from anonymous,
>while mail sent with mail gets the sender's id just fine.
I guess I better add this one to the readme, if its not already
there, For XENIX, the MTA is /usr/lib/mail/execmail, not
/bin/rmail, reconfigure Elm with that as the mail delivery
agent and all will be ok.

Its a common question.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.				Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or {bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!syd	        FAX:   (215) 938-0235

bob@pds3 (Robert A. Earl) (02/27/90)

Thanks....using /usr/lib/mail/execmail as 'mailer' instead of
/usr/bin/rmail makes me the sender instead of 'anonymous'.
--
Robert A. Earl