[comp.mail.elm] design bugs

mwarren@mips2.cr.bull.com (Mark Warren) (06/01/90)

There are 2 problems with elm 2.2 that I have found annoying, and I hope
someone can give me a workaround.

1. I would like to have a copy of all outbound mail in a single file
(like mailx), but inbound mail saved according to login name (i.e.,
savename turned on).  It looks like elm 2.2 won't allow this
combination.

2. After composing a message and requesting the "edit headers" option,
the only way to select a header line to edit is by typing the first
letter of the header line.  In a typical header, I might have both a
"Reply-to:" and a "Return-Receipt-To:" line.  How do I select the
second one for editing?
--

 == Mark Warren                      Bull HN Information Systems Inc. ==
 == (508) 671-3171 (FAX 671-3020)    300 Concord Road     MS820A      ==

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (06/06/90)

mwarren@mips2.cr.bull.com (Mark Warren) writes:
>2. After composing a message and requesting the "edit headers" option,
>the only way to select a header line to edit is by typing the first
>letter of the header line.  In a typical header, I might have both a
>"Reply-to:" and a "Return-Receipt-To:" line.  How do I select the
>second one for editing?
The header editing screen only handles the headers it shows,
and since it doesn't show both of those, its not a problem.
(Return-Receipt-To: is under User defined header (U))

Under discussion for the past two years has been how to handle this
screen better.  (This discussion is still valid, even if an
an expert mode is created for editing the headers with the message)
Until some consensus and worthwhile decision is made, it probably
won't change.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.                          Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or dsinc!syd                        FAX:   (215) 938-0235