[comp.mail.elm] elm 2.2PL7 dies when terminal has 9 rows

wytten@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Dale Wyttenbach) (06/07/90)

elm2.2PL7 dies with a floating point exception when the window it is
being run in has exactly 9 rows.  (having 8 or 10 rows works fine).

Maybe this has already been fixed.  We'll be making the jump to 2.3
very soon; reply by email.

dale

 -
 Dale Wyttenbach		     |		...rutgers!umn-cs!wytten
 wytten@cs.umn.edu		     |		   wytten@umnacvx.bitnet
Computer Science Department Systems Staff--University of Minnesota, Minneapolis

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (06/07/90)

wytten@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Dale Wyttenbach) writes:
>elm2.2PL7 dies with a floating point exception when the window it is
>being run in has exactly 9 rows.  (having 8 or 10 rows works fine).

Neat trick, Elm doesn't use any floating point itself.  Perhaps your
termlib library does.  (also perhaps a divide by 0 is coming out
as a floating point exception.)   However, nothing was done to fix
this because we've never seen it happen.

You'll have to compile with debugging turned on and let the world
know how you fixed it.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.                          Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or dsinc!syd                        FAX:   (215) 938-0235