[comp.mail.elm] Automatic sorting of incoming mail

morten@terje2.uio.no (Morten S. Hagedal) (07/15/90)

I have a Elm 2.3 and would like my incomming mail to be placed
automatically in the folder of the sender. The way I do it now is that
I give the command > and then accept.

What I would like is that it automaically puts it there when I have
read it and quits Elm. Does anybody have a good idea on how I should
do this?

Morten S. Hagedal
norwegian Research Center for Computers and Law
morten@terje2.uio.no

itkin@mrspoc.Transact.COM (Steven M. List) (07/25/90)

morten@terje2.uio.no (Morten S. Hagedal) writes:

>I have a Elm 2.3 and would like my incomming mail to be placed
>automatically in the folder of the sender. The way I do it now is that
>I give the command > and then accept.

>What I would like is that it automaically puts it there when I have
>read it and quits Elm. Does anybody have a good idea on how I should
>do this?

Use deliver.  It permits you to filter incoming mail and then dispense
with it as you please.

 :                Steven List @ Transact Software, Inc. :^>~                  :
 :           Chairman, Unify User Group of Northern California                :
 :     {apple,coherent,limbo,mips,pyramid,ubvax}!itkin@guinan.Transact.COM    :