[comp.mail.elm] Elm question: filecompletion/'attribution' variable

janssen@ogicse.cse.ogi.edu (Rik Janssen) (08/01/90)

Does anyone know of an option in Elm which allows you, when saving
files in an existing folder, not to type the whole foldername, but only
the first few (significant) characters and then completes the filename by
pressing <ESC> (or another key)?

(This much resembles like the 'set filec' feature in the c-shell).

Second question: using the attribution option in .elm/elmrc, you can
a string containing the authors' name of the message you're replying to,
print before the included text.

Thus something like:
[Rik Janssen writes:]
>  .....(text of message to which is replied)....

It would be nice if I also can refer to the subject of the message, and
the date it was written. Does anyone know if this is possible, or if it
can be implemented?

Thanks a lot,

Rik Janssen.

Rik Janssen                 Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technology
janssen@cse.ogi.edu         Department of Computer Science and Engineering
                            19600 N.W. Von Neumann Drive
			    Beaverton, OR 97006-1999 (United States of America)

scs@lokkur.dexter.mi.us (Steve Simmons) (08/02/90)

janssen@ogicse.cse.ogi.edu (Rik Janssen) writes:

>Does anyone know of an option in Elm which allows you, when saving
>files in an existing folder, not to type the whole foldername, but only
>the first few (significant) characters and then completes the filename by
>pressing <ESC> (or another key)?

>(This much resembles like the 'set filec' feature in the c-shell).

We're currently discussing this very issue in the development group.
It will not arrive before elm 2.4, which is somewhere between nine
and fifteen months away.