[comp.mail.elm] Bcc: from the command line?

wjohn@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (wesley m john) (08/06/90)

When using an alias that defines a group of people,
(e.g. mygroup = MY GROUP = anna, bob, yolanda, ziggy)
how can I get ELM to not expand the aliases on the To: line.
Currently, when I mail to mygroup, the To: line shows
To: anna (Anna B.), bob (Bob C.), yolanda (Yolanda Z.), ziggy (Ziggy Stardust)

If this is not possible, is there any way to specify an alias for
the Bcc: line from the command line?

Thanks for any help,
Wes

--
# wesley john    (708) 384-1921    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
# wjohn@UIUCVMD     wjohn@uiuc.edu    ..!{uunet, ihnp4}!uiucuxc!uiucux1!wjohn

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (08/06/90)

wjohn@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (wesley m john) writes:
:When using an alias that defines a group of people,
:(e.g. mygroup = MY GROUP = anna, bob, yolanda, ziggy)
:how can I get ELM to not expand the aliases on the To: line.
:Currently, when I mail to mygroup, the To: line shows
:To: anna (Anna B.), bob (Bob C.), yolanda (Yolanda Z.), ziggy (Ziggy Stardust)
No, there is no way to prevent Elm from expanding the list on the To:
line.  This is done so that Elm can tell the MTA who to deliver it to.

I suggest using MTA based aliases for those you wish to not have
expanded.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.                          Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or dsinc!syd                        FAX:   (215) 938-0235

indra@ashirvad.amd.com (Indra Singhal) (08/12/90)

In article <1990Aug6.132739.15546@DSI.COM> syd@DSI.COM writes:
>No, there is no way to prevent Elm from expanding the list on the To:
>line.  This is done so that Elm can tell the MTA who to deliver it to.
>I suggest using MTA based aliases for those you wish to not have
>expanded.

While this question is not specifically elm related... is there a way to
have a personal list of MTA based aliases? At AMD we use sendmail.

Thanks.
--
iNDRA | indra@amd.com (Indra Singhal) (408) 749-5445