	(C) Copyright 1986, 1987 Dave Taylor
	(C) Copyright 1988, 1989, 1990 USENET Community Trust
	----------------------------------
	Configured Sat Jul 14 02:08:59 PDT 1990
	----------------------------------
	From: and Reply-To: addresses are good: USE_EMBEDDED_ADDRESSES
	Return addresses will not be optimized: not OPTIMIZE_RETURN
	Prefers Internet address formats: INTERNET
	No debug options are available: not DEBUG
	Crypt function enabled: CRYPT
	Mailbox editing not included: not ALLOW_MAILBOX_EDITING
	Calendar file feature enabled: ENABLE_CALENDAR
		(Default calendar file is calendar)

--
iNDRA | indra@amd.com (Indra Singhal) (408) 749-5445

indra@ashirvad.amd.com (Indra Singhal) (08/17/90)

In article <1990Aug15.210147.11131@amd.com> indra@ashirvad.amd.com I write:
>I never had the following problem when I used SunView. Now when I set up
>a OpenWindows Menu Item to fireup elm in a shelltool, I get
>unpredictable results. The various things that happened are:
>	o	The initial elm menu display was mangled, seemed like
>		elm was unable to determine the size of the window.
>	o	The menu was blank... header line had the # of messages
>		displayed and a Command: sat at the bottom of an empty
>		screen.
>
>Has any one been playing with OpenWindows 2.0 and elm? I am running on
>an SPARCstation SLC with SunOS 4.1;

After a bunch of experimentation, I was able to have OpenWindows 2.0
shelltool handle elm OK by using the -I option:

	shelltool -Wh 50 -Ww 80 -I "exec elm"

to get a 80x50 window and I guess since the exec elm is invoked in a
different fashion than a command tacked at the end of the statement:
	shelltool -Wh 50 -Ww 80 elm
it behaves perfectly.