[comp.mail.elm] elm 2.3 config for SUN/3 without uucp

mist@amc-gw.amc.com (Michael Steltman) (08/31/90)

I am trying to configure elm 2.3, without any previous experience with elm.
My system, a sun3 running OS 4.1, has no local uucp configured, and is part
of a big network.
Mail is handled through one of several gateways to uunet, etc. That machine
runs uucp.

Q. What do I answer to questions such as "where does the uumail-style data
file 'domains' live "? and to questions about pathalias file etc?, since
these files do not exist on my machine.

Has anybody done this before?

--
--->    Michiel Steltman,  mist@amc.com || amc-gw!mist    206-882-5644 <---
======  Westmount Technology: The West-European trailblazers in CASE ======

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (08/31/90)

mist@amc-gw.amc.com (Michael Steltman) writes:
>Q. What do I answer to questions such as "where does the uumail-style data
>file 'domains' live "? and to questions about pathalias file etc?, since
>these files do not exist on my machine.
A: Anything you want, but I prefer to answer /dev/null.  If you tell
elm not to touch addresses, it doesn't use them anyway, if it cannot
open them it just doesnt route, so no harm.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.                          Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or dsinc!syd                        FAX:   (215) 938-0235