[comp.mail.elm] Many Thanks for MMDF Advice

root@raider.mfee.tn.us (Bob Reineri) (08/13/90)

Many thanks to all who responded to my query about using elm with MMDF as
the MTA. I was having permission problems when any user other than root
tried to mail a message. The responses I received fall into two main areas:

    1) Many of the respondents simply use /usr/lib/execmail as the front end
       to the MMDF 'submit' program.

    2) Others advised me to run /usr/mmdf/bin/checkup.This nifty little program
       goes through all the essential stuff and prints diagnostics about perm
       problems, etc. Very nice little utility. It will point out any problems
       for you, and all you have to do is make the recommended corrections.

I chose route 2 and everything worked fine. I simply set the directories as
checkup suggested. I'm sure that /usr/lib/execmail works fine as well, tho
I didn't try it.

It's sure a shame that SCO doesn't mention this stuff in the manual...

Thanks again.

Bob
--
* RaiderNet Public Access    *Middle Tenn's Unix Gateway*   Murfreesboro, TN *
* Data:(615)896-8716 896-7905 Voice:(615)849-4390 Mail:PO Box 2371 Zip 37133 *
* Domain: root@raider.MFEE.TN.US UUCP: uunet!mjbtn!raider!root    HAM: AB4SU *
* Shell Accounts, Mail/USENET UUCP Links Available  -- Send Mail for Details *

pgr@GroupW.cns.vt.edu (Patrick Robinson) (09/24/90)

In article <12@raider.mfee.tn.us> root@raider.mfee.tn.us (Bob Reineri) writes:

>It's sure a shame that SCO doesn't mention this stuff in the manual...

It's sure a shame that SCO doesn't GIVE YOU THE MANUALS...!

>Bob

-Patrick