[comp.mail.elm] Saving outbound mail *after* confirmation

rob@dutncp8.tudelft.nl (Rob Kurver) (09/28/90)

I usually save my mail by login name of the sender.  When I decide to save
it under some different name (you'd be amazed how many people have the same
login name :-), I can easily do so when I'm explicitly saving it from the
main menu, but not when a copy of my outgoing mail is saved!

I've read TFM and studied elmrc, but can't find how to change the default
behaviour.

Did I miss something?  Or, if not, has anybody patched elm to do what
I want?

Cheers. - Rob

--
Rob Kurver                          rob@dutncp8.tudelft.nl
Computational Physics Group         rob@pact.nl

rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US (Bad Bernardo) (09/28/90)

In article <rob.654464392@dutncp8> rob@dutncp8.tudelft.nl (Rob Kurver) writes:
>I usually save my mail by login name of the sender.  When I decide to save
>it under some different name (you'd be amazed how many people have the same
>login name :-), I can easily do so when I'm explicitly saving it from the
>main menu, but not when a copy of my outgoing mail is saved!
>
>I've read TFM and studied elmrc, but can't find how to change the default
>behaviour.

Before you hit the 's' key for "send", hit the 'c' key for "copy".  At
the next prompt enter the folder to save to or '?' for detailed
instructions.
--
Rob Bernardo, Mt. Diablo Software Solutions
email: rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US