[comp.mail.elm] Tab

demon@ibmpcug.co.uk (Cliff Stanford) (09/29/90)

Using the builtin text-gobbler, I hate not being able to
enter a TAB.  Is there a simple patch for this?
	Cliff.
--
Automatic Disclaimer:
The views expressed above are those of the author alone and may not

steve@avalon.dartmouth.edu (Steve Campbell) (10/09/90)

In article <1990Sep28.223936.26231@ibmpcug.co.uk> demon@ibmpcug.co.uk (Cliff Stanford) writes:
>Using the builtin text-gobbler, I hate not being able to
>enter a TAB.  Is there a simple patch for this?

Yes.

*** /tmp/,RCSt1029047	Mon Oct  8 21:11:01 1990
--- in_utils.c	Thu May 17 10:54:23 1990
***************
*** 252,258 ****
  	    string[0] = '\0'; /* clean up string, and... */
  	    return(-1);
  	  }
! 	  else if (!passwd && !isprint(ch)) {
  	    /* non-printing character - warn with bell*/
  	    /* don't turn off escaping backslash since current character
  	     * doesn't "use it up".
--- 252,258 ----
  	    string[0] = '\0'; /* clean up string, and... */
  	    return(-1);
  	  }
! 	  else if (!passwd && !isprint(ch) && !isspace(ch)) {

rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US (Bad Bernardo) (10/10/90)

In article <24981@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> steve@avalon.dartmouth.edu (Steve Campbell) writes:
>In article <1990Sep28.223936.26231@ibmpcug.co.uk> demon@ibmpcug.co.uk (Cliff Stanford) writes:
>>Using the builtin text-gobbler, I hate not being able to
>>enter a TAB.  Is there a simple patch for this?
>
>Yes.

Warning.  This patch changes the function used for reading user input
not only in the builtin text gobbler (what an apt name!) but generally
throughout elm.  Some places where it is called possibly might rely on
the fact that tabs are not present in the input string.
--
Rob Bernardo                             Mt. Diablo Software Solutions    _ /
email: rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US        phone: (415) 827-4301           <_/><