Date: Fri, 5 Oct 90 08:38:08 PDT
To: chuck@goose, dubb@goose, gar@goose, grich@goose, kevinb@goose,
roid@goose,
        shell@goose
Subject: Monthly Whopper
Sender: dubb
{The body of the mail message starts here}

Did I break something or configuration incorrectly when I patched??
- ha
 {uunet, ucsd, hplabs!hp-sdd, ames!scubed}!megatek!dubb   (619)455-5590 x2253
 Howard Airhart    MEGATEK Corporation  9645 Scranton Road San Diego CA 92121
 +------                                                              ------+
  We prayed to feel what we could not see.
     We prayed to see what we could not feel.
        Dream came calling, dream came calling.      Chris_&_Cosie

rusty@steelmill.cs.umd.edu (Rusty Haddock) (10/10/90)

In article <766@sunkist.megatek.uucp> dubb@megatek.UUCP (Howard Airhart) writes:
   >Hello -
   >Since installing patch level 7 (2.3) on a Sun3 (SunOS4.1), I've been
   >accumlating invalid 'Sender: username' messages after the address header
   >in messages which are stored the /var/spool/mail/username mail boxes.
   >See below.  The number of lines has increased as I go in_&_out of elm,
   >but not each time.  Also the username displayed is not the username of
   >the sender.
   >
   >Did I break something or configuration incorrectly when I patched??

Nope.  Here's the report I send to Syd.  Maybe we'll see it in patch #8.

   >    To account for the added argument to fileio.c's function
   >copy_message() in Patch #7, leavembox.c needs to be modified at
   >line 448.  An additional FALSE is needed at the end of
   >copy_message()'s argument list.  This was the only place I
   >could find that needed the additional argument.
   >
   >    The lack of the last argument was manifesting itself by
   >adding a 'Sender: ' header to folders (including /tmp/mbox.*)
   >that were re-sync'd (using the '$' command) after messages were
   >deleted.  This was not a very pretty sight as I tend to leave
   >Elm constantly running while re-syncing from time to time to
   >clear out the deleted messages.

	-Rusty-
--
Rusty Haddock				DOMAIN:	rusty@mimsy.cs.umd.edu
Computer Science Department		PATH:	{uunet,rutgers}!mimsy!rusty