From: barker (Bob Barker)
Subject: test
To: barker (Bob Barker)
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 90 0:00:37 CDT

This is a test
---

Can anybody help me shead some light on this?  If its a matter of
this being a known problem solved in a certain patch, please let
me know which one.  If not, please let me know how I might go about
resolving the problem.  I LOVE elm and hate not being able to use it!

Thanks!

-Bob Barker
Bob Barker                                               barker@wd0gol.mn.org
Robert Barker & Associates
Eden Prairie, MN.

rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US (Rob Boldbear) (10/15/90)

In article <41@wd0gol.WD0GOL.MN.ORG> barker@wd0gol.WD0GOL.MN.ORG (Bob Barker) writes:
>0.2) unix which has sendmail.  If I send mail, by invoking
>"elm USER" it appears to be sent alright, but when I try to use elm to
>read it, I get something like:
>
>Reading in /usr/mail/barker, message: 0
>Folder is corrupt!!  I can't read it!!
>
>Glancing at the code would lead me to believe that this would be caused
>by a bad "From:" line in the header.  /usr/mail/barker looks like:
>
>---
>From: barker (Bob Barker)
>Subject: test
>To: barker (Bob Barker)
>Date: Sun, 14 Oct 90 0:00:37 CDT
>
>This is a test

It's not that the first line is bad (it's the normal "From:" header),
it's that the "envelope" "From" line is missing. This line,
which typically has the form:

	From [address] [date]

is added not by ELM but the mail transport agent (sendmail in this case)
when the message is added to a user's mailbox.  So it would appear that
your mail transport agent is failing for some reason.
--
Rob Bernardo                             Mt. Diablo Software Solutions    _ /
email: rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US        phone: (415) 827-4301           <_/><