[comp.mail.elm] Elm2.3 PL7 & PL8 does not resolve aliases.

indra@ashirvad.amd.com (Indra Singhal) (10/17/90)

I wrote:

>Elm refuses to resolve local aliases after I applied patch 7 and the
>problem did not go away with patch 8.

Thanks to Syd for straightening this out... When I put elm 2.3 PL6 into
production at AMD, I increased the hash size for the aliases. On my test
copy of the sources I did not make the change... Well guess what...
after applying patch 8 on my private copy, the hash tables would not
match and thus I did not see alias resolution.

Once again, thank you, Syd. I just acknowledged that I got better
support form the Elm team than what I get from some vendors for a
substantial fee!!

Keep up the great work!!

--
iNDRA | indra@amd.com or {ames apple uunet}!amd!indra

gs26@prism.gatech.EDU (Glenn R. Stone) (10/18/90)

In the referenced article indra@ashirvad.amd.com (Indra Singhal) writes:
>Once again, thank you, Syd. I just acknowledged that I got better
>support form the Elm team than what I get from some vendors for a
>substantial fee!!

Hear, here.... getting a 48-hour "factory" bug-fix on the problem in
PL7 is a lot better than you'll get from most commercial servicecritters....
and on the net and free, too.  No having to rip open the FedEx package
and head for the machine room to load the tape.... just :patch, !make,
and reinstall.  Gee, now if it could only be that convenient with some
of the commercial types I know....

-- Glenn R. Stone
glenns@eas.gatech.edu
satisfied ELM user/admin