[comp.mail.elm] Replying to From: and Cc:

michi@ptcburp.ptcbu.oz.au (Michael Henning) (10/22/90)

Sorry if this is obvious, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do
this...

If I receive mail from someone, with a Cc: list in the header, I sometimes
want to reply to both the sender and the Cc: recipients. With Berkeley
mail, you can do this by using 'r' to reply to both the sender and the
Cc: recipients, and 'R' to reply to the sender only, ignoring the Cc: list.

Is there a way to do the same in Elm ?

						Thanks,

							Michi.
--
      -m------- Michael Henning			+61 75 950255
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology		+61 75 522475 FAX

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (10/22/90)

michi@ptcburp.ptcbu.oz.au (Michael Henning) writes:
:If I receive mail from someone, with a Cc: list in the header, I sometimes
:want to reply to both the sender and the Cc: recipients. With Berkeley
:mail, you can do this by using 'r' to reply to both the sender and the
:Cc: recipients, and 'R' to reply to the sender only, ignoring the Cc: list.
:Is there a way to do the same in Elm ?
See the Group Reply command.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.                          Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or dsinc!syd                        FAX:   (215) 938-0235

heiser@tdw201.ed.ray.com (10/23/90)

In article <172@ptcburp.ptcbu.oz.au> michi@ptcburp.ptcbu.oz.au (Michael Henning) writes:

>If I receive mail from someone, with a Cc: list in the header, I sometimes
>want to reply to both the sender and the Cc: recipients. With Berkeley
>mail, you can do this by using 'r' to reply to both the sender and the
>Cc: recipients, and 'R' to reply to the sender only, ignoring the Cc: list.

To reply to everyone (sender AND CC: list) use the 'g' command.
'g' is for "group reply".

--
Work:    heiser@tdw201.ed.ray.com
	 {decuac,necntc,uunet}!rayssd!tdw201.ed.ray.com!heiser