[comp.mail.elm] encription of mail body

warb@faatcrl.UUCP (Dan Warburton) (11/10/90)

What would it take to get elm to encript the body of a mail message?. It wouldn't have to do it automaticly(sp) I might need to add some option that takes
the body and runs it thru des | uuencode ? what are the problems doing this?
Thanks in advance.
--
+  Dan Warburton   Nas Simulation Support Facility (NSSF)
+                  Federal Aviation Administration Technical Center

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (11/10/90)

warb@faatcrl.UUCP (Dan Warburton) writes:

>What would it take to get elm to encript the body of a mail message?. It wouldn't have to do it automaticly(sp) I might need to add some option that takes
>the body and runs it thru des | uuencode ? what are the problems doing this?
Whats wrong with the encryption build in to Elm?

See the reference manual.

(PS: I know all about the problems with encryption re printing, etc,
but his suggestion is no better)
Datacomp Systems, Inc.                          Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or dsinc!syd                        FAX:   (215) 938-0235

phil@wubios.wustl.edu (J. Philip Miller) (11/10/90)

In article <504@faatcrl.UUCP> warb@faatcrl.UUCP (Dan Warburton) writes:
>What would it take to get elm to encript the body of a mail message?. It wouldn't have to do it automaticly(sp) I might need to add some option that takes
>the body and runs it thru des | uuencode ? what are the problems doing this?

This is essentially a RTFM answer -

[encode]

body of message

[clear]
--
     J. Philip Miller, Professor, Division of Biostatistics, Box 8067
	 Washington University Medical School, St. Louis MO 63110