[comp.mail.elm] How do I avoid paths in my elmrc

Kimmo.Suominen@lut.fi (Kimmo Suominen) (11/25/90)

Is there a way to give the path to my signature and other files as
relational to my $HOME directory?  It is a real pain to advice people
on changing their elmrc every single time there's a change in the tree
structure of our disks...

Thanks for any help.
--
Kim                      /  Internet: Kimmo.Suominen@lut.fi
"That's what I think."  /   Bitnet:   KIM@FINFILES

rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US (Rob Boldbear) (11/28/90)

In article <KIMMO.SUOMINEN.90Nov24185732@kannel.lut.fi> Kimmo.Suominen@lut.fi (Kimmo Suominen) writes:
>Is there a way to give the path to my signature and other files as
>relational to my $HOME directory?  It is a real pain to advice people
>on changing their elmrc every single time there's a change in the tree
>structure of our disks...

Elm understands the $variable notation for environmental variables,
the ~/ notation for one's home directory and the ~user/ notation for
user's home directory.

In addition, Elm has it's own symbols as follows:
	=,+,%	for the user's folder directory

	!	for the user's incoming mailbox
	>	for the user's received_mail folder
	<	for the user's sent_mail folder
--
Rob Bernardo                             Mt. Diablo Software Solutions    _ /
email: rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US        phone: (415) 827-4301           <_/_><