[comp.mail.elm] smart-host problems

shawn@marilyn.UUCP (Shawn P. Stanley) (12/08/90)

I know this doesn't exactly belong here, but my smart-host entry
in my paths file doesn't seem to be "working" anymore.  What could
possibly be wrong?

If I do the following:      rmail -A foo@bah
I get the following:        foo@bah
When I figure I should get: tcnet!foo@bah

Here's my paths file, with tabs removed.  (I know it's using this
file, since any changes I make to it, besides changes to smart-host,
work file.)

.marilyn.mn.org  %s
marilyn          %s
offhook          offhook!%s
orbit            orbit!%s
smart-host       tcnet!%s
tcnet            tcnet!%s
--
Shawn P. Stanley         shawn@marilyn.marilyn.mn.org
tcnet!marilyn!shawn      {rosevax,crash}!orbit!marilyn!shawn

gil@limbic.ssdl.com (Gil Kloepfer Jr.) (12/09/90)

In article <118@marilyn.UUCP> shawn@marilyn.UUCP (Shawn P. Stanley) writes:
>I know this doesn't exactly belong here, but my smart-host entry
>in my paths file doesn't seem to be "working" anymore.  What could
>possibly be wrong?
>smart-host       tcnet!%s
>tcnet            tcnet!%s

I've found a bug in (some?) versions of smail2.5 where the last line of
the Paths file doesn't get read.  If you put a site called zzzzz at
the bottom (as a filler), it should find the site tcnet properly again.

See if this helps.

Gil.
--
Gil Kloepfer, Jr.              gil@limbic.ssdl.com   ...!ames!limbic!gil
Southwest Systems Development Labs (Div of ICUS)   Houston, Texas