[comp.mail.elm] Trouble with PL9

anderson@udder.macc.wisc.edu (Jess Anderson) (12/06/90)

I installed PL9 this morning from Syd's posting.  Something
went awry.  No noticeable glitches were observed while
installing the patch according to the instructions.  I can
send mail, I can read mail, but s, C, and r (the only
other commands I've tested so far) all give this message:
-----(some blank lines removed)-----

Command: Save
Save message to:
Segment Violation signal!
Emergency exit taken! All temp files intact!
udder:<29>

-----

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Jess Anderson  Madison Academic Computing Center  University of Wisconsin
Work: Rm. 3130, 1210 West Dayton St., Madison WI 53706, Ph. 608/262-5888

tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Tim Chown) (12/11/90)

In <1990Dec6.125633.27669@macc.wisc.edu> anderson@udder.macc.wisc.edu (Jess Anderson) writes:

>I installed PL9 this morning from Syd's posting.  Something
>went awry.  No noticeable glitches were observed while
>installing the patch according to the instructions.  I can
>send mail, I can read mail, but s, C, and r (the only
>other commands I've tested so far) all give this message:
>-----(some blank lines removed)-----

>Command: Save
>Save message to:
>Segment Violation signal!
>Emergency exit taken! All temp files intact!
>udder:<29>

Yep, I get this too on a Sun SPARC under 4.0.3.  I await patch 10!!!

Tim