[comp.mail.elm] How does one set an automatic forwarding address in Elm?

cml8@robin.cs.uofs.edu (Chris M. Little) (12/12/90)

After reading my .elmrc file I still can't see which attribute pertains to
setting an automatic forwarding address.  Can anyone please help me out here?
E-mail suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

--
Chris Little (Graduate Asstistant)	-	CML8@JAGUAR.UOFS.EDU	(VMS)
Department of Computing Sciences	-	CML8@SCRANTON.BITNET	(VMS)

cml8@robin.cs.uofs.edu (Chris M. Little) (12/13/90)

In article <194@platypus.uofs.edu> cml8@robin.cs.uofs.edu (Chris M. Little) writes:
>After reading my .elmrc file I still can't see which attribute pertains to
>setting an automatic forwarding address.  Can anyone please help me out here?
>E-mail suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Thanks to those who answered my query.
The answer is to create a ".forward" file in your home directory.
This file should contain the address to which your mail is to be forwarded.

--

morten@terje2.uio.no (Morten S. Hagedal) (12/13/90)

In article <194@platypus.uofs.edu> cml8@robin.cs.uofs.edu (Chris M. Little) writes:

   After reading my .elmrc file I still can't see which attribute pertains to
   setting an automatic forwarding address.  Can anyone please help me out here

Jus have a file named .forward in your homedirectory, this file just
including the adress to where it should be forwarded. (At least if you
are on an UNIX)
--

Morten S. Hagedal

warb@faatcrl.UUCP (Dan Warburton) (12/14/90)

cml8@robin.cs.uofs.edu (Chris M. Little) writes:

>After reading my .elmrc file I still can't see which attribute pertains to
>setting an automatic forwarding address.  Can anyone please help me out here?
>E-mail suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

I don't believe this is a elm function.. Use .forward in your home directory
and your MTA (Mail Transfer Agent) should forward your mail. Put your
forwarding address in ~/.forward  that should do it.
--
+  Dan Warburton   Nas Simulation Support Facility (NSSF)
+                  Federal Aviation Administration Technical Center