[comp.mail.elm] Automatic copying of outgoing mail

everitt@mozart.amd.com (Dave Everitt) (12/20/90)

This must of beeasked many times before, and for that I apologise,
but how to I ensure that a copy of all mail I send is made
automatically? I have tried autocopy = ON and copy =ON and sentmail
= =sent in elmrc but it doesn't seem to work?

Can anyone shed some light? Please mail me direct :-)

Regards; Dave Everitt ::-)             everitt@mozart.AMD.COM
Advanced Micro Devices(U.K. Ltd.),     +44-256-463346  Telephone
Intec 4,                               +44-256-843963  FAX

indra@brahms.amd.com (Indra Singhal) (01/02/91)

everitt@mozart.amd.com (Dave Everitt) writes:

>This must of beeasked many times before, and for that I apologise,
>but how to I ensure that a copy of all mail I send is made
>automatically? I have tried autocopy = ON and copy =ON and sentmail
>= =sent in elmrc but it doesn't seem to work?

>Can anyone shed some light? Please mail me direct :-)

With copy = ON, all outgoing mail should be saved in your designated
mailbox for those receipients that do not have their own folders. If you
have folders for the receipients, the outgoing mail goes in there making
you think that the mail was not saved at all.

If you continute to have problems, let me know and I could go over your
.elm/elmrc!

--
iNDRA | indra@amd.com or {ames apple uunet}!amd!indra