[comp.mail.elm] Sorry... Was: Re: Elm compiled for SCO UNIX SV/386

macleod@cmllab.rgb.sub.org (Connor MacLeod) (12/27/90)

To Netters: please take my excuse for any inconvenience but I have to post
            the following 'cause I didn't get thru via email...

To: archer!artadi
Subject: Re: Elm compiled for SCO UNIX SV/386
Newsgroups: comp.mail.elm

In article <5@archer.UUCP>
you wrote:

| Hello Netters,
|
| I'm using SCO Unix/386 operating system without the development
| system, ergo I cannot compile the elm source code.  Do any of you
| have elm already compiled to run on SCO Unix/386?  If so, please
|
| I use to have elm on our SCO Xenix/386 (we had the Xenix Development
| System) and I miss using it.  We recently upgraded to Unix and I
| cannot compile it.  If you have elm compiled, please reply.
|
| Thanks,
| Dante Artadi    ...uucp!drd!archer!artadi
| work phone: (918)582-4822

Well, I changed from SCO Xenix to SCO Unix, too. Just about two months ago.
I'm running Unix 3.2v2 with the 3.2.0f Dev Kit and I successfully compiled
ELM 2.3 PL 6. I'll attach _my_ config.sh file. Perhaps it's of some help for
you.

If you're running SCO Unix 3.2.0 the best thing you can do is to update to
the new version 3.2v2 (perms says: 3.2.2s). There're lotta bugs in the old
3.2.0 release!

If you've further questions please email them. I'm doing support for SCO
Xenix/Unix and I'll help you if I can.

--- config.sh - start ---
: use /bin/sh
# config.sh
# This file was produced by running the Configure script.

define='define'
eunicefix=':'
Log='$Log'
Header='$Header'
bin='/usr/local'
byteorder='1234'
contains='grep'
cppstdin='/lib/cpp'
cppminus=''
d_crypt='define'
cryptlib=''
d_getopt='define'
d_havetlib='define'
termlib='-lcurses'
d_mkdir='define'
d_rename='undef'
d_sigvec='undef'
d_sigvectr='undef'
d_symlink='undef'
d_vfork='undef'
d_whoami='undef'
defeditor='/usr/bin/vi'
hostname='cmllab'
phostname='/usr/bin/uuname -l'
mydomain='.rgb.sub.org'
i_time='define'
i_systime='undef'
d_systimekernel='undef'
maildir='/usr/spool/mail'
n=''
c='\c'
package='elm2'
pager='builtin+'
prefshell='/bin/csh'
spitshell='cat'
shsharp='true'
sharpbang=': use '
startsh=': use /bin/sh'
d_eunice='undef'
loclist='
cat
chgrp
chmod
cp
echo
expr
grep
ln
ls
make
mv
rm
sed
sleep
touch
tr
'
expr='/bin/expr'
sed='/bin/sed'
echo='/bin/echo'
cat='/bin/cat'
rm='/bin/rm'
mv='/bin/mv'
cp='/bin/cp'
tail=''
tr='/usr/bin/tr'
mkdir=''
sort=''
uniq=''
grep='/bin/grep'
trylist='
Mcc
cpp
date
emacs
line
lint
lp
lpr
mailx
more
nroff
pg
pmake
pr
rmail
sendmail
shar
smail
submit
tar
tbl
test
troff
uname
uuname
vi
'
test='test'
inews=''
egrep=''
more='/usr/bin/more'
pg='/usr/bin/pg'
Mcc='Mcc'
vi='/usr/bin/vi'
mailx='/usr/bin/mailx'
mail=''
cpp='/lib/cpp'
perl=''
emacs='emacs'
ls='/bin/ls'
rmail='/bin/rmail'
sendmail=''
shar='/usr/local/shar'
smail='/bin/smail'
submit=''
tbl='/usr/bin/tbl'
troff='/usr/bin/troff'
nroff='/usr/bin/nroff'
uname='/bin/uname'
uuname='/usr/bin/uuname'
line='/bin/line'
chgrp='/bin/chgrp'
chmod='/bin/chmod'
lint='/usr/bin/lint'
sleep='/bin/sleep'
pr='/bin/pr'
tar='/usr/bin/tar'
ln='/bin/ln'
lpr='/usr/bin/lpr'
lp='/usr/bin/lp'
touch='/bin/touch'
make='/bin/make'
date='/bin/date'
csh=''
pmake='pmake'
c_date='Thu Nov 22 23:25:42 CET 1990'
d_ascii='undef'
d_calendar='define'
calendar='calendar'
d_cuserid='undef'
d_flock='undef'
d_flockonly='undef'
lock_dir='/usr/spool/locks'
d_gethname='undef'
d_douname='define'
d_phostname='undef'
d_host_comp='undef'
ign_hname='n'
d_havedbm='undef'
dbm=''
d_index='define'
d_internet='define'
d_mboxedit='undef'
d_mmdf='define'
d_newauto='define'
d_nfs='undef'
d_networkorder='undef'
d_noxheader='undef'
d_optreturn='undef'
d_pafirst='undef'
d_notouchadd='define'
d_noaddfrom='undef'
d_usedomain='define'
d_nocheckvalid='define'
d_pidcheck='define'
d_portable='undef'
d_ptem='define'
d_remlock='undef'
maxattempts='6'
d_setgid='define'
mailermode='2755'
d_strcspn='define'
d_strspn='define'
d_strings='undef'
d_pwdinsys='undef'
strings='/usr/include/string.h'
includepath=''
d_subshell='define'
d_tempnam='define'
tempnamo=''
tempnamc=''
d_termio='define'
d_termios='undef'
d_tz_min='undef'
d_useembed='define'
d_utimbuf='define'
d_voidsig='undef'
defbatsub='-=fileXmission=-'
elmalias='503'
maxsysalias='503'
maxuseralias='251'
lib='/usr/local/lib'
libc='/lib/libc_s.a'
linepr='/usr/bin/lp'
mailer='/bin/rmail'
mailgrp='mmdf'
mansrc='/usr/man/man.LOC'
manext='C'
models='none'
split=''
small=''
medium=''
large=''
huge=''
optimize='-O'
ccflags='-M3e -s'
cppflags=''
ldflags=''
cc='cc'
libs='-lc_s -lmalloc'
nametype='bsd'
d_passnames='define'
d_berknames='define'
d_usgnames='undef'
passcat='cat /etc/passwd'
pathalias='/usr/lib/uucp/paths'
domains='/usr/lib/domains'
rmttape='unknown-remote-tape-unit'
roff='/usr/bin/troff'
tmpdir='/tmp'
use_pmake='n'
xencf=''
xenlf=''
d_xenix='undef'
d_bsd='undef'
CONFIG=true
--- config.sh - end ---

Best regards, Uwe

--
Connor MacLeod  <set _aka = 'Uwe Obst'>
 -->========-   <set _adr = '{connor|macleod}@cmllab.rgb.sub.org'>

cliff@demon.co.uk (Cliff Stanford) (12/28/90)

In article <1990Dec26.190353.2898@cmllab.rgb.sub.org> macleod@cmllab.rgb.sub.org (Connor MacLeod) writes:
>| I'm using SCO Unix/386 operating system without the development
>| system, ergo I cannot compile the elm source code.
>              I'll attach _my_ config.sh file. Perhaps it's of some help for
>you.

	How's it going to help him if he doesn't have a development
	system?
		Cliff.
--
Cliff Stanford				Email:	cliff@demon.co.uk (Work)
Demon Systems Limited				cms@demon.co.uk   (Home)

macleod@cmllab.rgb.sub.org (Connor MacLeod) (01/02/91)

In article <1990Dec28.002255.14034@demon.co.uk>
cliff@demon.co.uk (Cliff Stanford) wrote:

| In article <1990Dec26.190353.2898@cmllab.rgb.sub.org> macleod@cmllab.rgb.sub.org (Connor MacLeod) writes:
| >| I'm using SCO Unix/386 operating system without the development
| >| system, ergo I cannot compile the elm source code.
| >              I'll attach _my_ config.sh file. Perhaps it's of some help for
| >you.
|

| 	How's it going to help him if he doesn't have a development
| 	system?
| 		Cliff.

Ok. That's obviously true...
It's been a hard week and I Just overread the "without".
It's all my fault and please take my excuse for the posted rubbish and
the folly...