[comp.mail.elm] autoreply

root@vlink01.UUCP (Superuser) (12/27/90)

I am sure this has been asked before, but I am not sure exactly "how" to
use the autoreply function in elm.  I understand that you make up a file
and call it a file name.  So I will make up a file called "gone"  Now gone,
may contain a message that will be mailed to each and every person letting
them know that I am not availabe and mail them the contents of the file.

To use autoreply you just "autoreply gone", is that correct, then when you
receive mail, it will automatically send them the contents of the file?

Ok, I have tried it, but nothing happens, could someone advise me what I
am doing wrong?  Please email me your answers, I am sure, that everyone
probably understands this and doesn't want to be bothered with the answer to
an easy quewstion.

Thanks.

Steve

--
V-Link                                  | System Administration V-Link
1828 Darrow Drive                       |---------------------------------------

sfrazier@vlink01.UUCP (8780) (01/02/91)

Thanks for all of the responses that I received on my original question
concerning 'autoreply'.  I appreciate your help and support.

--
V-Link                                  | Steven E Frazier
1828 Darrow Drive                       |---------------------------------------

gorell@hp-ptp.HP.COM (Beth_Gorell) (01/04/91)

Could you please send me the answer to how you got autoreply to work?
I'm also in the dark.  Thanks.

Beth
gorell@hpdstma.ptp.hp.com  ----  What a boring .sig!
p.s.  I tried to do this by e-mail, but it rejected every form
of your address that I could think of!

sfreed@ariel.unm.edu (Steven Freed CIRT) (01/06/91)

In article <1950002@hp-ptp.HP.COM>, gorell@hp-ptp.HP.COM (Beth_Gorell) writes:
> Could you please send me the answer to how you got autoreply to work?
> I'm also in the dark.  Thanks.

Me too!!!

(or...just post it to the net)

--

Thanks,
Steve.                    sfreed@ariel.unm.edu

6600tom@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Thomas Kwong) (01/11/91)

In article <1950002@hp-ptp.HP.COM> gorell@hp-ptp.HP.COM (Beth_Gorell) writes:

>Could you please send me the answer to how you got autoreply to work?
>I'm also in the dark.  Thanks.

Me too.

Thanks a lot.

Thomas.

       -----    |-         *   6600tom@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu
         __       |        *     "Things are over in 1990,
        |  |   |--         *      it is New Year with new