[comp.mail.elm] ELM 2.2 =sent and =received...

woodsd@infonode.ingr.com (Scott D. Wood) (02/16/91)

I'm running ELM 2.2 PL16 and can't seem to get the =sent and =received folders
right.  If I make dirs by these names ELM says they're corrupt -- but ELM
won't make them either.  Are they merely files - if so, weird ownership?

Any help?  I'm sure this has come-up alot, but it's new to me - so bare with
me eh?

Thanks, Scott

dick@woodwrk.LoneStar.ORG (Richard H. Wood) (02/17/91)

In article <1991Feb16.001612.10737@infonode.ingr.com>, Scott D. Wood writes:

> I'm running ELM 2.2 PL16 and can't seem to get the =sent and =received folders
> right.  If I make dirs by these names ELM says they're corrupt -- but ELM
> won't make them either.  Are they merely files - if so, weird ownership?
>
> Any help?  I'm sure this has come-up alot, but it's new to me - so bare with
> me eh?

I'm new to the use of Elm, but I believe your folders are merely files,
resident in your ~/.elm directory, I think.  And the two you mention will
be files called 'sent' and 'received' - not '=sent' or '=received'.  The "="
is just a shorthand for ~/.elm/ when referencing folder names from within elm.

Re-check the settings in your startup file (I think it's ~/.elm/elmrc).
I was told there are sometimes relationships between more than one
option that, if not in "agreement," can effect the desired result.

> Thanks, Scott

You're welcome, Scott.  (We aren't related, are we?)

DickRichard H. Wood           Become an                      +1 214 530 2595
246 Bancroft Drive          Organ            //  uunet!digi!woodwrk!dick
Garland, Texas 75040        Donor         \\// dick@woodwrk.LoneStar.org