[comp.mail.elm] e-mailing newsgroups in elm?

ragnarok@buhub.bradley.edu (Matthew Lathrum) (02/17/91)

I would like to know how to write a program that would automatically take all
of the posts and responces of a certain newsgroup and mail it to someone as
one mail file.  Perhaps have that be done once a week or once every 4 days
or so.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
INTERNET:
ragnarok@buhub.bradley.edu     OR

jdeitch@jadpc.cts.com (Jim Deitch) (02/18/91)

In article <1991Feb17.091612.4723@bradley.bradley.edu> ragnarok@buhub.bradley.edu (Matthew Lathrum) writes:
>I would like to know how to write a program that would automatically take all
>of the posts and responces of a certain newsgroup and mail it to someone as
>one mail file.  Perhaps have that be done once a week or once every 4 days
>or so.  Does anyone know how to do this?
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>--
>INTERNET:
>ragnarok@buhub.bradley.edu     OR
>ragnarok@bucs1.bradley.edu     OR
>aamlath@heartland.bradley.edu  OR
>af547@cleveland.freenet.edu    "GEE, WHAT A CHOICE!"

If you are using cnews, the capability is built right in.  Read the
man pages. If using bnews, I don't know.

Jim
--
ARPANET:    jadpc!jdeitch@nosc.mil
INTERNET:   jdeitch@jadpc.cts.com