[comp.mail.elm] A few features needed in filter - are they in later PL's?

bengsig@dk.oracle.com (Bjorn Engsig) (02/28/91)

I'm running elm 2.3 PL 5, and I've been happy so far.  I wonder if upgrading
to a later PL will give me any of this:

- filter doesn't like a mailbox that isn't /some/where/<user>.  In my case
  the mailbox name is dictated by AIX to ~<user>/.newmail and elm itself
  handles this with the MAIL environment.

- I want filter to change a message (e.g. by piping it through a program),
  and then sending it to my mailbox, i.e. a combination of 'execute' action
  and 'leave' action.

Thanks for your thoughts,
--
Bjorn Engsig, ORACLE Corporation, E-mail: bengsig@oracle.com, bengsig@oracle.nl

            "Stepping in others footsteps, doesn't bring you ahead"

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (03/02/91)

bengsig@dk.oracle.com (Bjorn Engsig) writes:
>I'm running elm 2.3 PL 5, and I've been happy so far.  I wonder if upgrading
>to a later PL will give me any of this:
I'll try to answer this in a generic way....

No later PL will give you new features.  I try to hold PL's to
bug fixes and versions to features.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.                          Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or dsinc!syd                        FAX:   (215) 938-0235