[comp.mail.elm] Aliasing

gls@trac2000.ueci.com (Gary Smith) (03/08/91)

When I run newalias, I get an error that the address I used are too
long?

This is what happens:

Updating your personal alias file...
** Bad alias name: buhub.bradely.edu!specialk.  Too long.
** Bad alias name: mozart.att.com!acerbi.  Too long.
** Bad alias name: eedsp.gatech.edu!bill.  Too long.

** Not saving tables!  Please fix and re-run newalias!

Any suggestions??

Gary.
--
Gary L. Smith @ UE&C-Catalytic   |||  Reply at:
                                 |||      UUCP:  ..!uunet!trac2000!gls
Spock - ST IV: "What does it     |||  INTERNET:  gls@trac2000.ueci.com
 mean 'Exact change only' ?"     |||

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (03/08/91)

In article <996@trac2000.ueci.com> gls@trac2000.ueci.com (Gary Smith) writes:
>When I run newalias, I get an error that the address I used are too
>long?
The only alias that is ever too long is a member of a group.
Please follow the doc, Dave's indexing method requires that
all group members be either a prior alias or a local address.

Datacomp Systems, Inc.                          Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or dsinc!syd                        FAX:   (215) 938-0235