[comp.mail.elm] Group alias in elm

rodmur@ecst.csuchico.edu (Dale A. Harris) (03/08/91)

I know you can do a group alias in elm, but one thing I would like to know
if this has been added in newer versions is the ability to add another name
to a group alias without deleting the old one and remaking it with the
new name.  Has it been done?  Could someone make a patch if it hasn't?

--
\ \ \            __     __   _    ,   Dale A. Harris                     / / /
 \ \ \          /  )   /  ) ' )  /    rodmur@ecst.csuchico.edu          / / /

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (03/08/91)

In article <1991Mar07.235336.2976@ecst.csuchico.edu> rodmur@ecst.csuchico.edu (Dale A. Harris) writes:
>I know you can do a group alias in elm, but one thing I would like to know
>if this has been added in newer versions is the ability to add another name
>to a group alias without deleting the old one and remaking it with the
>new name.  Has it been done?  Could someone make a patch if it hasn't?
This ability does not exist, nor will it.

The ability to define an alias via Elm is a convienence.
The group alaises are really supposed to be edited in a text editor.
All you need do is edit the aliases.text file to add, drop, change
an entry.  The Elm alias stuff that modify's the aliases.text file
is just a convienence.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.                          Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or dsinc!syd                        FAX:   (215) 938-0235