[comp.mail.elm] ELM compiled on Interactive 386 UNIX 2.2

shahryar@sfsuvax1.SFSU.EDU (Persian Nightmare) (03/08/91)

Hi all,

I am curious if anyone compiled ELM under Interactive 386 UNIX 2.2?  I get a
weird linker error, some library not found :-(.  Could you please reply via
private e-mail about this matter?

Thanks,

Shahryar

--
'How weary, stale, flat, and unprofitable
Seem to me all the uses of this world!

elsn4000@W107ZRZ.ZRZ.TU-BERLIN.DE (Frank Elsner) (03/08/91)

shahryar@sfsuvax1.SFSU.EDU (Persian Nightmare) writes:

> I am curious if anyone compiled ELM under Interactive 386 UNIX 2.2?  I get a
> weird linker error, some library not found :-(.  Could you please reply via
> private e-mail about this matter?

I have compiled ELM rather often on ISC UNIX 2.2 with success.

You need to specify -linet when the Configure scripts asks for additional
                                                              ld options.

BTW, There was - maybe still is - an error in ISC UNIX 2.2 having the file
     libinet.a  included a non-visible character in its filename.
     this can be overcome by moving the file to its correct name.

Frank Elsner (TUBerlin/ZRZ Postmaster)