[comp.mail.elm] elmheaders, Can I edit headers defined in elmheader with h)eaders ?

dhuber@aut.autelca.ascom.ch (Daniel Huber) (03/14/91)

I would like to use some additional own header lines.
I'm able to use the file ~/.elm/elmheaders for own headers. But how
can I change the content of such a header line, just like the h)eaders
function before sending mail?

BTW. Why is the cursor set to the begin of the entry in the Subject:
line, but to the end of the entry in the To: line?

Gruessli

Daniel

--
Daniel Huber AD-KT2.6   VOICE: +41 31 52 96 64 FAX: +41 31 52 97 51
Ascom Autelca AG        Network Engineer, Network,Mail and News Manager

jeffo@mrcnext.uiuc.edu (Jeffrey B Nicholson) (03/18/91)

In <1617@aut.autelca.ascom.ch> dhuber@aut.autelca.ascom.ch (Daniel Huber) writes:

>I would like to use some additional own header lines.
>I'm able to use the file ~/.elm/elmheaders for own headers. But how
>can I change the content of such a header line, just like the h)eaders
>function before sending mail?

This reminds me of an idea I have for ELM.  How about a option that the
user can set to allow reading of elmheaders either before or after going
to the h)eader page?  This would allow us to edit the headers in
~/.elm/elmheaders at least on a message-by-message basis.

It would be nice if this had a command line switch as well as a setting
in the config file so you could set it the way you want to behave most of
the time in the config file and just switch on it occasion using the
command line option.

>Daniel
>

>--
>Daniel Huber AD-KT2.6   VOICE: +41 31 52 96 64 FAX: +41 31 52 97 51
>Ascom Autelca AG        Network Engineer, Network,Mail and News Manager
>CH-3073 Guemligen       EMAIL:  dhuber@autelca.ascom.ch
>Switzerland             UUCP:   uunet!chx400!hslrswi!aut!dhuber

Jeff
--
|*These opinions are mine*  This .signature is|...!uiuc.edu!jeffo  (UUCP'ish)|