[comp.mail.elm] Name on my outgoing mail

repnomar@leland.Stanford.EDU (janet lafler) (03/26/91)

I have a problem with the name that goes out on my mail.  It goes out as
"janet lafler" (no caps).  In my elmrc the full name for outgoing mail is
set as "Janet Lafler" (with caps).   Does anyone have a clue how this could
be?  Please e-mail me if you have any suggestions, since I don't generally
read this newsgroup.

Thanks.

/Janet

--
send mail to:	repnomar@leland.stanford.edu
(In answer to your first question, Repnomar is a character in

repnomar@leland.Stanford.EDU (Janet M. Lafler) (03/27/91)

In article <1991Mar26.002447.23937@leland.Stanford.EDU> repnomar@leland.Stanford.EDU (janet lafler) writes:

>I have a problem with the name that goes out on my mail.  It goes out as
>"janet lafler" (no caps).  In my elmrc the full name for outgoing mail is
>set as "Janet Lafler" (with caps).   Does anyone have a clue how this could
>be?  Please e-mail me if you have any suggestions, since I don't generally
>read this newsgroup.

I've gotten a lot of responses (Thanks!) and the problem is now fixed.  It
turned out that I needed to change my name in the /passwd/ entry.

--

rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US (Rob Bernardo) (03/28/91)

repnomar@leland.Stanford.EDU (Janet M. Lafler) wrote:
>In article <1991Mar26.002447.23937@leland.Stanford.EDU> repnomar@leland.Stanford.EDU (janet lafler) writes:
>
>>I have a problem with the name that goes out on my mail.  It goes out as
>>"janet lafler" (no caps).  In my elmrc the full name for outgoing mail is
>>set as "Janet Lafler" (with caps).   Does anyone have a clue how this could
>>be?  Please e-mail me if you have any suggestions, since I don't generally
>>read this newsgroup.
>
>I've gotten a lot of responses (Thanks!) and the problem is now fixed.  It
>turned out that I needed to change my name in the /passwd/ entry.

I think this is a bug anyway. The fullname value in the elmrc perhaps was
meant to override the gcos field of the passwd entry.
--
Rob Bernardo					Mt. Diablo Software Solutions
email: rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US		phone: (415) 827-4301