into...... (please, oh please use 'f' and not 's' when the experiment is
complete).

=================== c u t   h e r e ==============================
#From proxima!frcs!paul@Daisy.EE.UND.AC.ZA Wed Mar 27 11:48:44 1991
From: frcs!paul (Paul Nash)
Subject: Re: Mail paths
To: ccfj@hippo.ru.ac.za (F.F. Jacot Guillarmod)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 91 7:34:42 SAT
Cc: ccml@hippo.ru.ac.za, randy@m2xenix.psg.com, olsa99!mje

> Note that hippo is using sendmail (and not smail 3.1 as is quagga).  Not

====================== c u t   h e r e   t o o ===========================

Now, climb back into the folder and edit the From: frcs!paul to be
From: paul@frcs and repeat the process.  Have a look at the generated
cc: headers from the 'g'roup reply.  Look any better?  You bet....

OK, whats going on here? Explanations invited! Enquiring minds are enquiring!

--
     F.F.  Jacot Guillarmod - Computing  Centre - Rhodes  University
     Artillery Road - P.O Box 94 - Grahamstown - 6140 - South Africa

dean@coplex.uucp (Dean Brooks) (03/30/91)

ccfj@hippo.ru.ac.za (F.F. Jacot Guillarmod) writes:

>After some frenzied finger pointing in the direction of sendmail, it
>looks like there is some sort of bug in elm 2.3 PL11 that creatively
>rewrites return addresses. The best way of describing what happens is by
>practical example:

Whoa!  The experiment included with the original posting here did
some unusual things; things I would not expect an RFC complient
mailer to do.

Any comments on whether this is the intended actions of elm?

--
dean@coplex.UUCP   Dean A. Brooks
                   Copper Electronics, Inc.