[comp.mail.elm] ELM & MMDF: Will it work?

rob@jarthur.claremont.edu (Rob McKaughan) (03/28/91)

I'm looking around at replacement user-end mail programs, and ELM sounds
interesting.

We're running MMDF, though, not sendmail or smail.  Does anyone know if ELM
will work with MMDF, or could be made to do so without much pain and agony?

Rob
rob@jarthur.claremont.edu
..!uunet!jarthur!rob

emanuele@overlf.UUCP (Mark A. Emanuele) (03/30/91)

In article <11421@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>, rob@jarthur.claremont.edu (Rob McKaughan) writes:

> We're running MMDF, though, not sendmail or smail.  Does anyone know if ELM
> will work with MMDF, or could be made to do so without much pain and agony?

2.3 PL11 sort of works with my SCO UNIX 3.2 Rel 2.0

I seem to have problems when mmdf delivers new mail into the mailbox.
Elm sometimes bombs with can't write to /tmp/{username}.mbox exiting.

Other than that It works fine.

Syd, if you have a fix, it would be helpfull.

thanks.

--
Mark A. Emanuele
V.P. Engineering  Overleaf, Inc.

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (03/30/91)

emanuele@overlf.UUCP (Mark A. Emanuele) writes:
>Syd, if you have a fix, it would be helpfull.
This is a new one, looks like someone is playing with the perms of
files in /tmp?  I am not sure this is MMDF related.  Its not
been reported before, folks, so anyone its happening to better
investigate it.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.                          Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or dsinc!syd                        FAX:   (215) 938-0235

bw@uecok.ecok.edu (Bill Walker CS Dept. Chairman) (03/31/91)

Yep.  We use it under SCO-UNIX and it works well.

fields-doug@cs.yale.edu (Doug Fields) (04/01/91)

Sure. I've got it running AOK under SCO Unix/MMDF.

(Thanks to netlanders' help... SCO Unix/MMDF is very
 poorly distributed!)

Doug
--
Doug Fields -POB 1789 Yale Station, New Haven, CT 06520- (FAX) +1 203 661-2996
Internet: fields-doug@cs.yale.edu <-- Best to reach me. Voice: +1 203 436-0184

das@trac2000.ueci.com (David Snyder) (04/01/91)

In article <11421@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>, rob@jarthur.claremont.edu (Rob McKaughan) writes:
> We're running MMDF, though, not sendmail or smail.  Does anyone know if ELM
> will work with MMDF, or could be made to do so without much pain and agony?

It works for us on SCO/Unix 3.2.2 !!

DAS
--
David A. Snyder @ UE&C - Catalytic in Philadelphia, PA