[comp.mail.elm] Need help with ELM filter

iane@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Ian C Edmond) (04/08/91)

Sorry if this has been discused before, but I'm new to this group.

I've recently been trying to get the ELM filter system to work. On the
whole, things work OK - the filter picks out the right messages and puts
them in the right places. But it doesn't store them in mailbox format,
so ELM can't read them. Is this a common problem? Any ideas?

Thanks very much,

Ian Edmond

rst@lucifer.UUCP ( 233) (04/17/91)

In article <4813@syma.sussex.ac.uk> iane@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Ian C Edmond) writes:
>I've recently been trying to get the ELM filter system to work. On the
>whole, things work OK - the filter picks out the right messages and puts
>them in the right places. But it doesn't store them in mailbox format,
>so ELM can't read them. Is this a common problem? Any ideas?

I've found this problem too. I can't quite remember the cause, but I know I
had to modify filter to add an extra header line to the mail it was saving in
folders. I think it was the 'From' (Not 'From:') line that was missing. Does
Elm 2.3 pl 11 fix this?
--
Richard Thombs					      Lucas Powertrain Systems,
Mail:  rst@eg.lucasauto.co.uk			      Phoenix Way,

iane@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Ian C Edmond) (04/22/91)

In article <1034@lucifer.UUCP> rst@lucifer.UUCP ( 233) writes:
>In article <4813@syma.sussex.ac.uk> iane@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Ian C Edmond) writes:
>>I've recently been trying to get the ELM filter system to work. On the
>>whole, things work OK - the filter picks out the right messages and puts
>>them in the right places. But it doesn't store them in mailbox format,
>>so ELM can't read them. Is this a common problem? Any ideas?
>
>I've found this problem too. I can't quite remember the cause, but I know I
>had to modify filter to add an extra header line to the mail it was saving in
>folders. I think it was the 'From' (Not 'From:') line that was missing. Does
>Elm 2.3 pl 11 fix this?

Yes, this is exactly the problem I was having. Can anyone tell me how to
reistate that missing  'From'  line?

Build high for happiness,

Ian Edmond
					"Structure is the essence of matter,