[comp.mail.elm] Taking the headers out of the quoted response?

jbn35564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (J.B. Nicholson) (04/25/91)

How do I tell ELM to just quote the body of the mail when quoting a reponse
and not the whole letter (full headers and all)?  Basically when I respond
to a piece of mail, I just want to see:

>Hi Jeff,
>
> What's up.....

...and so on.  I don't want to see all the headers in there because I
always end up removing them anyways.

Jeff
| "If you hear an onion ring - answer it."                    J.B. Nicholson |
| jeffo@uiuc.edu (Internet)              These opinions are mine, that's all.|

itkin@mrspoc.Transact.COM (Steven M. List) (04/26/91)

jbn35564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (J.B. Nicholson) writes:

>How do I tell ELM to just quote the body of the mail when quoting a reponse
>and not the whole letter (full headers and all)?  Basically when I respond
>to a piece of mail, I just want to see:
>
>>Hi Jeff,
>>
>> What's up.....
>
>...and so on.  I don't want to see all the headers in there because I
>always end up removing them anyways.

# when messages are copied into the outbound buffer, don't include headers?
noheader = ON

To do what you want, set noheader = ON (don't include headers) in elmrc.
 :                Steven List @ Transact Software, Inc. :^>~                  :
 :           Chairman, Unify User Group of Northern California                :
 :                         itkin@Transact.COM                                 :