[comp.mail.elm] Default Sorting Criteria Question

rkimble@nswc-wo.navy.mil (Robert Kimble) (04/29/91)

				Robert M. Kimble
				rkimble@nswc-wo.navy.mil

rkimble@nswc-wo.navy.mil (Robert Kimble) (04/30/91)

I have recently installed ELM on a 4.3 BSD system.  Everything works OK but
I'd like to change the default "Sorting Criteria" setting to "Date Mail
Received".  How can this be done?  It is likely that a large number of
people will be using it so I want to make sure the default paramters are
set correctly.

			Robert Kimble
			nswc-wo.navy.mil

mullins@convex.com (Don Mullins) (04/30/91)

In <1991Apr29.175621.22157@relay.nswc.navy.mil> (Robert Kimble) writes:

>I have recently installed ELM on a 4.3 BSD system.  Everything works OK but
>I'd like to change the default "Sorting Criteria" setting to "Date Mail
>Received".  How can this be done?  It is likely that a large number of
>people will be using it so I want to make sure the default paramters are
>set correctly.

>			Robert Kimble
>			nswc-wo.navy.mil

    From my ~/.elm/elmrc:

# .elm/elmrc - options file for the ELM mail system
#
# Saved automatically by ELM 2.3 PL11 for Don Mullins
#

# For yes/no settings with ?, ON means yes, OFF means no

# how to sort folders, "Mailbox" by default
sortby = Received

    You can also set this in the (o)ptions  menu for minside elm.

Don

--
Don Mullins       mullins@convex.COM  {uiucuxc, uunet, sun, ...}!convex!mullins
Product Engineering              Convex Computer Corporation, Richardson, Texas