[comp.mail.elm] X400 addresses versus elm's alias file

larsen@imada.ou.dk (Soren Larsen) (05/29/91)

Please forgive a possible FAQ, but we are having trouble incorporating
X400 addresses into an elm alias file.  The reason appears to be that
the addresses contain a plethora of = characters, which also happens to
be the separator between alias, full name, and address in the alias
file.  The parsing algorithm evidently uses the first and last = in the
line to separate the three fields, thus screwing up the address
thoroughly.  Any suggestions?
--
Soren Larsen / larsen@imada.ou.dk
Dept. of Math. & Computer Science, Odense University

s30986u@kaira.hut.fi (Martin Helin) (06/03/91)

In article <1991May29.113933.5070@imada.ou.dk> larsen@imada.ou.dk (Soren Larsen) writes:
>Please forgive a possible FAQ, but we are having trouble incorporating
>X400 addresses into an elm alias file.

This subject has indeed discussed recently in this newsgroup and the
problems are possibly fixed in ELM version 2.4. There's is one (very
unofficial) elm patch available from nic.funet.fi with anonymous ftp
(directory /pub/unix/mail/elm, file(s) elm-2.3.-quotepatch.tar.Z) but
it probably doesn't fix your problem.

				Martin

Martin Helin	Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
Internet : Martin.Helin@hut.fi UUCP : uunet.uu.net!kaira.hut.fi!s30986u
X.400 : G=Martin S=Helin O=hut OU=kaira PRMD=inet ADMD=fumail CO=fi