[comp.mail.elm] ELM On IBM RS/6000

toma@swsrv1.cirr.com (Tom Armistead) (06/14/91)

Has anyone ported Elm to the IBM RS/6000 running AIX 3.1?

I was able to compile it with no trouble, but get errors when I run it.
It seems to be having problems with terminfo?

I thought that I'ld look here before jumping into the task myself...

Thanks,
Tom
--
Tom Armistead - Software Services - 2918 Dukeswood Dr. - Garland, Tx  75040
toma@swsrv1.cirr.com                {egsner,letni,ozdaltx,void}!swsrv1!toma

wolf@grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr (Christophe Wolfhugel) (06/15/91)

In article <1991Jun14.131516.5615@swsrv1.cirr.com> toma@swsrv1.cirr.com (Tom Armistead) writes:
>I was able to compile it with no trouble, but get errors when I run it.
>It seems to be having problems with terminfo?

Link it to curses (-lcurses) instead of termcap and it will work fine.

An 'elm of rs6000 faq' should be created as this question comes back
regularly a few times every month.

--
Christophe Wolfhugel    | Email: wolf@grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr
INSA - Dpt Informatique | "Le progres ne vaut que s'il est partage par tous,"

das@trac2000.ueci.com (David Snyder) (06/16/91)

In article <1991Jun14.131516.5615@swsrv1.cirr.com>, toma@swsrv1.cirr.com (Tom Armistead) writes:
> Has anyone ported Elm to the IBM RS/6000 running AIX 3.1?

We have.

> I was able to compile it with no trouble, but get errors when I run it.
> It seems to be having problems with terminfo?

Is you TERM variable set to "hft" or "aixterm" (or neither)?  What kind of
erros are you getting.

DAS
--
David A. Snyder @ UE&C - Catalytic in Philadelphia, PA