[comp.mail.elm] Underscore "_" isn't recognized by filter

sasjcm@unx.sas.com (James McNealy) (06/25/91)

I am have trouble with my filter-rules. The filter recognizes the
underscore as a space. This is causing a problem a with my filter
rules. Is there a work around for this?

pdsoft@dutnak2.tudelft.nl (public domain software) (06/26/91)

In <9106251352.AA13639@asp.unx.sas.com> sasjcm@unx.sas.com (James McNealy) writes:

>I am have trouble with my filter-rules. The filter recognizes the
>underscore as a space. This is causing a problem a with my filter
>rules. Is there a work around for this?

I wonder why this has never been mentioned before (OK. I found out only
just now, when trying to set up a sophisticated forwarding system using
the filter-rules, but alas the username contained an underscore).
It seems a bug that should have been found rather quick (we all sometimes
use underscores in filenames don't we?).

Please post the solution for this to the net, this must be generally useful.