[comp.mail.elm] autoreply doesn't autoreply

heiser@tdw201.ed.ray.com (06/25/91)

I'm trying to use autoreply/arepdaemon on a Sun386i running SunOS 4.0.2.
Elm is version 2.3 PL 11.  I have arepdaemon running as root.  I
created a text file as a user, and ran 'autoreply filename'.  No auto
replies occur.

Is there something special that needs to be done to tell autoreply where
to look for newmail?  How does arepdaemon know about "enrolled users?"

Thanks in advance,
Bill

--
Work: heiser@tdw201.ed.ray.com
Home: bill@unixland.natick.ma.us  Public Access Unix/USENET 508-655-3848

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (06/27/91)

heiser@tdw201.ed.ray.com writes:
>I'm trying to use autoreply/arepdaemon on a Sun386i running SunOS 4.0.2.
>Elm is version 2.3 PL 11.  I have arepdaemon running as root.  I
>created a text file as a user, and ran 'autoreply filename'.  No auto
>replies occur.
Did you leave the mail in the mailbox long enough for an autoreply
cycle?  It only sends out the replies about once an hour, by default,
if my memory is correct.  if you empty the mailbox before than, no
reply is sent.
Datacomp Systems, Inc.                          Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or dsinc!syd                        FAX:   (215) 938-0235