[comp.sources.misc] Administrivia: ARC sources

allbery@ncoast.UUCP (06/08/87)

I have received many responses to the posting of patches for the UNIX version
of ARC.  Most of these indicate that many people didn't notice that these were
NOT a full posting of ARC source code, they were modifications to existing
code.

The full source for UNIX ARC 5.12 is available on ncoast, but it does not
belong in comp.sources.misc.  I have not checked it yet, but if it was posted
to net.sources originally then I will send it to comp.sources.unix.  If it
came from mod.sources, I would advise contacting rsalz@pineapple.bbn.com, the
moderator of comp.sources.unix.  (Sorry, but the original articles with the
Newsgroup: headers are on tape on another system.)

Stay tuned for more information on this subject.

On another subject:  I have just received a submission totalling 25(!) files,
which is destined for Unix machines.  Just as a reminder, you should send
these kinds of sources to <backbone site>!sources-unix, not to me; you will
get faster response, as I have to forward them on to comp.sources.unix anyway.

++Brandon
--
Copyright (C) 1987 Brandon S. Allbery.  Redistribution permitted only if the
	redistributor permits further redistribution.