[net.news.group] how about a net.micro.msdos?

kfl@hoxna.UUCP (Kenton Lee) (08/23/84)

xxx
Is there any interest in starting a net.micro.msdos newsgroup to
discuss microcomputers that run generic MS-DOS (not IBM PC-DOS)?
There are quite a few machines like this, like the Zenith Z100, DEC
Rainbow, NEC, NCR, Sanyo, etc.  Most of these machines are discussed in
net.micro or net.micro.pc.  I think a more specific newsgroup would
be much more appropriate.  An alternative would be a net.micro.8088
that would cover other operating systems for the 8086 family (like
CP/M-86, VENIX, Concurrent, etc.).
--
Kenton Lee, Bell Labs - WB
wb3g!kfl or hoxna!kfl

indra@utai.UUCP (Indra Laksono) (08/25/84)

	Yeah! I second that.

broehl@wateng.UUCP (Bernie Roehl) (08/27/84)

  I vote 'yes'.
--
        -Bernie Roehl    (University of Waterloo)
	...decvax!watmath!wateng!broehl

chip@t4test.UUCP (Chip Rosenthal) (08/28/84)