[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] IEN documents

zwang@CS.UCL.AC.UK (Zheng Wang) (05/24/87)

I am looking for the IEN 30, IEN 48 which are not on line now in our dept.
If anyone has got them on line , please send them to me.

Thank you in advance!

pdb@sei.cmu.edu (Patrick Barron) (05/24/87)

In article <8705241500.AA26059@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> zwang@CS.UCL.AC.UK (Zheng Wang) writes:
>I am looking for the IEN 30, IEN 48 which are not on line now in our dept.
>If anyone has got them on line , please send them to me.

All the IEN's are on line and available via anonymous FTP from SRI-NIC.ARPA.
You'd want to retrieve IEN:IEN-30.TXT and IEN:IEN-48.TXT.

--Pat.

MAB@CORNELLC.BITNET (Mark Bodenstein) (06/04/87)

>All the IEN's are on line and available via anonymous FTP from SRI-NIC.ARPA.

Not so.  I FTP'd IEN193 and got the following:

      This note is not available online.  Please request copies from
      the NIC via message to NIC@SRI-NIC.ARPA.

         IEN 193

         Title:    Timer-Based Mechanisms in Reliable Transport Protocol
         Connection Management

         Author:   Dick Watson

As I recall, the NIC said they would supply a printed copy for a nominal fee.

Mark