Date: Wed 15 Apr 87 09:18:44-EDT
From: Dennis G. Perry <PERRY@VAX.DARPA.MIL>
Subject: [Harry Forsdick <forsdick@Diamond.BBN.COM>: Re:  Multimedia Mail.]
To: tcp-ip@rsi-nic
Cc: perry@VAX.DARPA.MIL

I have had several similar questions to the ones answered by
Harry below.  I did not ask Harry if I could send his note to a
wider audience, so don't take anything Harry says as an indorsement
of anything.  Just information!!!

dennis
                ---------------

Posted-Date: Tue, 14 Apr 87 20:08:19 AST
Received-Date: Tue, 14 Apr 87 20:09:51 EDT
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 87 20:08:19 AST
From: Harry Forsdick <forsdick@Diamond.BBN.COM>
To: estrin@usc-oberon.arpa
Subject: Re:  Multimedia Mail.
Cc: Perry@vax.darpa.mil, nsfnet@sh.cs.net

Debbie,

Diamond currently runs only on SUN workstations.  As part of the
EXPRES project we are porting Diamond to PC/RT's, DEC MicroVax GPX
and Apollo DN 3000's.  This will run under the X window system.
BBN is doing the MicroVax port and U of M is doing the PC/RT and
Apollo DN3000 port.  All of the ports are dependent on the appearance
of X.11 which is due mid-Summer.

So, my advice is, get a SUN for the short term.  Diamond will run on an RT
in the long-term.

Regards,

	Harry
-------