                                        Date:      26-Jul-1987 08:52am CDT
                                        From:      CALVIN R. GEORGE
                                                   GEORGE
                                        Dept:
                                        Tel No:    882-5498

TO:  _MAILER!                             ( _DDN[TCP-IP@SRI-NIC.ARPA] )

Subject: SEVERAL copies of message received

It is not uncommon to receive 2 copies of a message on occasion but
I know I have read 6 copies of the one from Jim Jensen ( GOULD ) about
the BSD 4.3 <CR><LF> problem. I have checked our system and am 99% sure it
is not replicating the messages. Have others seen many copies of this
message?

Calvin George
Eglin AFB, FL

------

jjensen@atlas.UUCP (Jim Jensen) (07/28/87)

in article <8707261432.AA26072@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, george@EGLIN-VAX.ARPA ("CALVIN R. GEORGE") says:
> I know I have read 6 copies of the one from Jim Jensen ( GOULD ) about
> the BSD 4.3 <CR><LF> problem.
>
> Calvin George
> Eglin AFB, FL

Sorry about that.

I posted the article, and got an error message.  I then had show this to someone
who knew about news.  Then someone else.  then with a different news program,
and so on.  The next time I read news there were all the articles.  I was
kind of hoping that only the last one with no error messege got out. Oh well.

                                              Jim Jensen
					      Gould inc. CSD
					      6901 West Sunrise Boulevard
					      Ft. Lauderdale Fl 33313-4499
					      (305) 587-2900

rbutler@YUMA.ARPA (Robert Butler) (07/30/87)

I have received many copies also (8). Some of them have a different closing
address in the signature block.

I also receive dual and triple copies of other msgs addressed to tcp-ip
and there is no specific delimiter to single them out as to why.

We are a MIL site running a BBN C70,(BBN OS V) behind an LSI/11-23 gateway
attached to Milnet Node 75. The gateway makes our system a subnet 6.1.0.1
under the 26.3.0.75 DDN address.

This has been sparodically going on for several months. I have read all the
net-problems reported on the tcp-ip news group and thought the problem had
been defined and (will be?) corrected.

Regards
       Bob