[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] TCP/IP for AT&T 3B5 system

SIMXT@UOTTAWA.BITNET (Lew Shepherdson) (01/29/88)

Any recommendations for TCP/IP implementations using Ethernet that run
on an AT&T System V Unix system?

Lew Shepherdson
SimXT@UOttawa.Bitnet

latzko@athos.rutgers.edu (Alex ) (01/30/88)

In article <8801290950.AA12258@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> SIMXT@UOTTAWA.BITNET (Lew Shepherdson) writes:
>Any recommendations for TCP/IP implementations using Ethernet that run
>on an AT&T System V Unix system?
If you are running a pure ATT SVR2.1 on a 3b5 forget it.  The answer I
have gotten time and time again from ATT is upgrade to a 3b15 and get
WIN/3B from us.  I have now been waiting almost a year for this
magickal feat to take place.  It is now scheduled for the first
week in Feb.

If you have a 3b2 you can get the STREAMS version under 5.3 from ATT.
Unfortunatly, although TWG wrote it they are under an exclusive
marketing contract with ATT.  The 3b2 version I have ( non-STREAMS)
works reasonably well, but it requires a host table and we are a
domain based operation.  Oh well.

Hope this helps.
/S*