[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Bug in Sun OS 3.4 tcp?

jonab@CAM.UNISYS.COM (Jonathan P. Biggar) (02/12/88)

Does anyone know about a problem with tcp under Sun OS 3.4 where receiving
a packet with the maximum segment size option messes up the window?
Our Suns can talk find to each other, but when they receive data from
a machine that uses the MSS option, the connection eventually hangs
because the Sun never updates the window.  I have tried using diff on
the 3.4 source and the 4.3bsd tcp and have found no substantial differences,
so this bug might exist in 4.3bsd also.

Thanks,

Jon Biggar

melohn@SUN.COM (Bill Melohn) (02/15/88)

In article <8802120105.AA05436@PHOEBE.CAM.UNISYS.COM> jonab@CAM.UNISYS.COM (Jonathan P. Biggar) writes:
>Does anyone know about a problem with tcp under Sun OS 3.4 where receiving
>a packet with the maximum segment size option messes up the window?

A zero window size bug was fixed in the current release of SunOS, 3.5.
This release also fixes problems with the TCP MSS being set incorrectly,
which was introduced in 3.4.